One day, we spent our transition time budgeting for a recipe. We researched our prices online and totaled the amount of money we would need.
We talked about things you can and cannot get at the grocery store, how we can get to the grocery store, and how to research prices to get the best deals. The students were also given a homework assignment: They were given a list of items and were instructed to price each item and check if it was on sale.
We had our money test on Friday-- we will continue to work and test on money or time weekly. We will continue to increase our vocabulary and spelling knowledge.
Our week was NOT all work and no play, though. We had a few surprises....
1. Mr. Victor was BRAVE and let us help mow the grass. Great job, Byron!
2. We planted our very own plants! The students are completely responsible for caring for these plants. This will teach responsibility and what plants need to survive. Alissa chose to plant a zinnia.
3. We began building our homework boards with Mr. Carter-- we worked on measuring with a measuring tape and using sandpaper.
4. We had the opportunity to visit Mr. Allen in the auto shop! He even let us rev an engine...
5. Our fair projects have been finished and submitted! I know there will be several blue ribbons.
The football team invited us to run out with them at the next home game! We will be ready to go in our very own jerseys. Thank you to Coach Anderson, Coach Bam, and the entire football team and staff!!!
This week we will be learning about community resources. If you drive by the post office, YMCA, a church, food bank, thrift store, or other community resource, please point it out to your student. We will be discussing what we can use these resources for and why they are important. I look forward to a great week!
Business: We will have a review spelling test this week (Unit 6-8). A list will be sent home on Tuesday. We will have a review vocabulary test (Unit 1-3). All words from these units will be reviewed and included. We will be reviewing stories from Units 6-8 and working on Fluency. We will continue to work on Module 8 in Vmath (D) or Module 1 (C). Please contact me with any questions!